YNAB – you need a budget
- Using YNAB contributes to my peace of mind and quality of life.
General Links about Money
- http://www.daveramsey.com/fpu/ is a wonderful place for people to start. But don’t stop there.
- http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2012/05/29/how-much-do-i-need-for-retirement/ is a great answer to how much to save. Much better than Fidelity’s 10x rule of thumb.
- The rule of thumb called 10x
- By the time you’re 30, try to save the equivalent of your annual salary at that age.
- At 34, aim for twice the amount of whatever your salary is at that age.
- At 40, 3x your salary at that age.
- At 50, 6x your salary at that age.
- At 60, 8x your salary at that age.
- At 67, your savings should be 10x of your salary at 67.
- It’s hard to learn about investing. There are many predators. I have heard that MMM and Bogleheads are good sites.
- This is very important!!!
Read the full article
to understand just how important it can be!